Description: Our Client in the Suwanee, GA area is looking for a Desktop Support candidate. This position would be responsible for the following. Maintains operational functions of desktop management through the use of Symantec Altiris. Assisting with the enterprise advanced level of support and development of desktop management operations. Administers overall system performance, maintains system documentation, develops enterprise software deployments, and builds desktop image/driver resources for enterprise roll outs. Interacts with end users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
This position is 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri and pays $26.00 an hour.
- Deploy System Images, Maintain resource driver repositories, System Migrations and Deployments, Management of Test and Production Environments utilizing enterprise management tools.
- Management of Symantec Management Platform (ALTIRIS) policies, including Software, Monitoring, Inventory and Patch for Enterprise Level support.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware issues to meet business needs.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Creation of SOPs and other training materials, Change Management, Software Development Lifecycle Documentation (SDLC).
- Provide advanced customer service to respective customer base. Respond to helpdesk tickets and create tickets as necessary.
- Shows willingness to work with numerous support teams including testing, development, architecture, network, and program management.
- Apply data analysis and complex scripting for custom reports and filters within Symantec Management Platform /SQL in support of data integration for reporting.
- Ability to triage scenarios to and redirect to or bring in additional subject matter experts for problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Experience in Symantec Management Platform (Altiris) 8.x, Client Management including a firm understanding of Application Packaging Technologies and Tools, Altiris Deployment solutions, Software Deployment
- Experience with installation, problem detection, resolution and maintenance on the following software, Microsoft (MS) Server 2012 R2, 2008 R2, MS Windows 10, Internet Explorer (IE) 11, Web services
- Excellent verbal skills and documentation skills, with strong abilities to tackle challenging tasks.
- Three NICE TO HAVE Skills:
- Understanding of MS Active Directory (AD), Group Policies, and Networking technologies in Enterprise switched environments.
- Working knowledge and experience scripting technologies (VBScript, PowerShell, C#)
- Understanding of SQL Queries, and SQL Server, and knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare)