The material handler position involves product being moved throughout the manufacturing facility. The use of hand jacks and power industrial trucks will be required. This position utilizes the operator’s skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the flow of product in the manufacturing facility.
- Maintain efficient and accurate flow of product on manufacturing floor.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Must perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Utilization of forklifts (forklift experience desired).
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, and lubricants
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Solid math skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills. Excel software experience a plus.
- Manufacturing experience. Aerospace a plus.
- Able to follow procedures and instructions.
- Able to operate industrial vehicles, i.e. forklift, etc.