Our client in Marlborough, MA is looking to hire 2 Material Handlers. These are long-term contract positions on first shift.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule packaging activities based on daily shipment priorities. ·
- Package and label all outgoing products, product boxes and shipments.
- Create and maintain packaging procedures.
- Identify non-conforming materials or product.
- Work with inventory control and shipping to insure prompt completion of packaging and shipping process.
- Update routing steps in Oracle for material tracking.
- Provide Support to shipping/receiving and stockroom
- Correctly package all products according to packaging requirements.
- Correctly label several product lines based on defined labeling requirements.
- Prevent risks associated with shipping damage by properly following all defined procedures.
- Prevent waste of materials.
- Prevent material shortages or over stocking by close communication with inventory personnel. ·
- Program temperature tracking devices.
- Read and log results of incoming temperature logging devices.
- Maintain individual work area/equipment in a neat, orderly manner. This responsibility includes proper disposal of packaging waste, proper storage and use of equipment and parts, and management of documentation needed to perform duties identified within this job description.
- Work with Manufacturing support groups to improve existing packaging operations methods and assist in the development of new methods.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations.
- Perform assembly of medical devices and decontamination of incoming medical devices requiring repair.