Shipper & Receiver
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing shipments to the Memphis facility and all associated record keeping. This includes receipt of specimens and resupply of empty shippers to customers.
- Receive multiple shipments daily, including unpacking, opening, and sorting received specimens
- Assemble and stock empty specimen shippers
- Ship empty specimen shippers using FedEx logistics system and track shipments as required
- Perform daily activities: reports for customer requirements in shipper tracker system, update matrices, fulfill customer service orders, make inventory adjustments
- Assists laboratory operation as needed during peak testing periods in all areas that do not involve specimen processing
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work methodically and systematically with attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ related logistics experience
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and have a strong customer service orientation and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced chaotic environment
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Also:
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.