We are currently hiring for a 2nd shift Shipper/Receiver at our electronics manufacturing facility in Walpole, MA!
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE:
Support overall corporate efforts through accurate and timely shipping/receiving operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain inventory and computer system accuracy
- Visually inspect, prepare, box, palletize and shrink wrap UPS units
- Use software to print address, shipping, version and other labels
- Contact independent trucking companies for pickups
- Fill out bills of lading for short-haul and long-haul shipments
- Use on-line software to make shipments for Federal Express and United Parcel Service
- Use Federal Express and United Parcel Service applications to track shipments.
- Monitor materials (boxes, foam inserts, plastics) used in packaging units and inform supervisor when reorders are necessary. Make foam shipping inserts for products on monthly build plan
- Enter appropriate transactional data in database when making shipments
- Follow appropriate safety procedures when required to assist with receiving or transporting gas cylinders
- Process shipping paperwork and maintain filing system
- Process repair units, including receiving, preparing and shipping
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in manufacturing environment
- 3-4 years working in shipping/receiving capacity ideal
- Read, write, and verbally communicate in English