The Warehouse Clerk receives, stores and distributes materials, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Unload trucks, check in all raw materials, matching purchase orders to shipping documentation and notifying appropriate departments or requestors per procedure.
- Read inventory requests, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas, maintaining appropriate stock levels in forward locations.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, refrigerators, or in bins according to storage requirement or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employees and visitors.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Assist Inventory Control and Quality personnel to appropriately label materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Remove recyclable materials and rubbish to designated locations.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate inventory management program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to procedure.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties or assembly work as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Assist laboratory operation as needed during peak testing periods in all areas that do not involve specimen processing
- Perform a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned
- Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work methodically and systematically with attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ related logistics experience
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and have a strong customer service orientation and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced chaotic environment
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Also:
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.