Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Operations, provide exceptional service to the community in the processing of all accounts payable disbursements, from data entry to check production or direct deposit transmission. Assist and guide the community regarding policies, procedures and coding; coordinate with others to achieve business office and team goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review disbursement documents submitted for approval signature/s, account coding, appropriate sales tax, IRS reimbursement compliance, and Organization's policy compliance.
- Perform data entry of all invoices, check request, reimbursement requests, and check advances accurately and within scheduled deadlines.
- Process and review electronically submitted approved expense reports using Concur.
- Review disbursement documents and determine IRS 1099 status; review weekly disbursement report prior to check run; review 1099 control report on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of 1099 payment records. Assist in preparing yearly 1099 reporting and filing.
- Perform check runs and direct deposits within deadlines; coordinate the sorting of checks and invoices with student employees, ensure checks are mailed by the end of the day.
- Oversee the filing of matched check stubs and supporting documentation in vendor payment files by student employees.
- Create and transmit AP check data files and direct deposit files to the bank each time checks and direct deposits are issued, reissued, or cancelled, following established positive pay procedures.
- Create and maintain accurate vendor records on accounting computer system, including the collection of W-9 forms and required 1099 tax information; review disbursement documents for compliance to college policies and sales and use tax compliance.
- Keep hard copy files of all vendor payments following the College Document Retention and Destruction Policy.
- Assist departments with operational coding questions, missing information and corrections as needed; answer all departmental questions regarding payment inquires and status of processing.
- Respond daily to internal and external customer inquiries by phone, mail, electronic mail and in person.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding payment status, contact vendors regarding W-9 collection and perform research as needed.
- Assist in coordinating credit or procurement card program, keep application records, and monitor delinquent card activity, cancel cards and report lost cards, answer department questions as needed.
- Assist employees across campus in their use of Concur to process procurement card and out-of-pocket expense reimbursements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend year-end reporting seminar or other seminars as needed to keep up to date on regulations.
- Assist in coordination of student staffing, scheduling and training
- Use judgment in communicating issues to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform extremely detailed tasks and organize heavy workload while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, IRS 1099 reporting requirements and record keeping related to accounts payable.
- Ability to use ERP systems, Microsoft Office and 10-key.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to interact effectively with a variety of diverse constituents.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and reconciliations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative work style, and ability to effectively manage shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated analytical ability for organizing data and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Follow safety policies, practices, procedures and requirements of the department
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this role Please Apply Now!