Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Well Funded Pharmaceutical Company Looking for AP Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for moderate complexity level tasks that includes efficiently posting expense invoices, having them approved, and processing payments to vendors, in an accurate and timely manner.
The AP Specialist operates with the distinct goal of ‘working as a team’ supporting a shared effort towards meeting all duties and goals. The highest level goals are Accuracy and Timeliness, Excellent Customer Service, and to Support All Team Members To Success.
The AP Specialist an integral team member responsible for adhering to strong internal controls and processes that enable the company to meet all operational, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate expensing to programs.
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear outstanding aging balances.
- Directly support AR with billing requirement needs as specified.
- Directly support month-end completion of entering in all expense invoices for AR billing and financial statement needs, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding.
- Record journal entries and/or re-classes of expenses as needed.
- Prepare queries, special reports and assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Handle vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
- Prepare weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Scanning and attaching of invoices to cloud-based electronic document management software and Financial Edge accounting software.
- Provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for clarifying and ensuring accuracy of posted invoices and vendor payments.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or, relevant job experience and on the job training.
- Must have hands on experience in GL coding, posting invoices, data entry, and use of accounting software.
- Basic level proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1 year to 2 years’ experience in an organization processing a high volume of invoices and payments.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background, extensive SOX experienced
- Commercial biotech or pharma experience strongly preferre
- SAP ERP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Must be proactive; able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Strong written skills necessary to correspond by email and document/update customer notes regarding important updates on accounts and issues.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks.
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA