Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Large Well Funded Pharmaceutical Company Looking for AP Specialist
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for moderate complexity level tasks that includes efficiently posting expense invoices, having them approved, and processing payments to vendors, in an accurate and timely manner.
The AP Specialist operates with the distinct goal of ‘working as a team’ supporting a shared effort towards meeting all duties and goals. The highest level goals are Accuracy and Timeliness, Excellent Customer Service, and to Support All Team Members To Success.
The AP Specialist an integral team member responsible for adhering to strong internal controls and processes that enable the company to meet all operational, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Organize, process and maintain vendor invoices and accounts payable files.
- Communicate with external vendors to resolve discrepancies and coordinate payment as necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain approvals as necessary to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all GL coding to maintain accurate expensing to programs.
- Maintain AP aging schedule and clear outstanding aging balances.
- Directly support AR with billing requirement needs as specified.
- Directly support month-end completion of entering in all expense invoices for AR billing and financial statement needs, including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding.
- Record journal entries and/or re-classes of expenses as needed.
- Prepare queries, special reports and assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Support internal and external audits
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Handle vendor inquiries on invoice payment status.
- Prepare weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Scanning and attaching of invoices to cloud-based electronic document management software and Financial Edge accounting software.
- Provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for clarifying and ensuring accuracy of posted invoices and vendor payments.
And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or, relevant job experience and on the job training.
- Must have hands on experience in GL coding, posting invoices, data entry, and use of accounting software.
- Basic level proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 1 year to 2 years’ experience in an organization processing a high volume of invoices and payments.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong technical (US GAAP) accounting background, extensive SOX experienced
- Commercial biotech or pharma experience strongly preferre
- SAP ERP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Must be proactive; able to identify problems and initiative corrective actions.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Strong written skills necessary to correspond by email and document/update customer notes regarding important updates on accounts and issues.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks.