Specialty:Accounting & Finance
DAVIS has partnered with a leading Manufacturing organization to identify a AP/Cost Accountant to join their growing team!
Accounts Payable Job Duties:
- Process vendor invoices and ensure correct pricing.
- Maintain the 3-way match (Purchase Order, Receiving document, and Invoice) to ensure proper verification of quantity and cost.
- Obtain approvals, receive quantity and dollars to the Job (if applicable), and determine or verify the General Ledger account.
- Resolve any discrepancies.
- Accurately enter invoices with correct vendor numbers, invoice numbers, quantities, due dates, remittance addresses, General Ledger accounts, and amounts
- Maintain Prepaid Expenses monthly account reconciliation
- Monitor vendor payment terms and take prompt pay discounts, when applicable
- Initiate and remit payment to vendors via company check, ACH payment, Wire Transfer, or Credit Card, as appropriate
- Monitor and process automatic vendor payments from the bank account
- Request stop payments on lost or missing checks
- Maintain vendor information in the ERP system
- Maintain W-9 vendor files and generate 1099-MISC and related forms
Cost Accountant Job Duties:
- Review job cost details for Active and Completed Jobs and determine questionable items requiring further investigation by other staff
- Follow up on the investigations in a timely manner to keep the job closure process current
- Change job status to Closed for jobs that are deemed ready for closure
- Summarize Closed Job financial results/variances for the Sales Team and Operations Team to review
- Periodically review jobs with status of Hold or Pending to determine accuracy
- Review sales margin information for customer shipments
- Summarize sales margin information for the Sales Team and President to review
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Flexible, dependable and reliable
- Strong time management
- Ability to hold highly confidential information
- Strong Microsoft Office skills- especially Excel
- 2-year Accounting degree required
- Experience working in Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing/Job shop environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with JobBoss ERP software
- Experience with SQL database
- 10+ years working in Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment