Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The Davis Companies is supporting a leading Defense manufacturer in the Northwest metro located in Maple Grove to find an Assistant Controller for their team. This person would be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely month end close, preparation of the Company's financial statements and provides support for moderately complex accounting functions.
- Assist with, and coordinate, month end and year end closing including journal entries and completion of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly internal and external financial statements including footnotes and Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Research emerging accounting pronouncements and SEC standards to analyze relevance to the company’s financial statements.
- Support international accounting and issue identification and resolution.
- Support the development and maintenance of technical accounting policy and position memos.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Assist with the evaluation of assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Responsible for the accounting of Company stock-based compensation plan activity.
- Prepare the company’s EPS calculation and dilution factors.
- Assists with the annual ASC 350 goodwill and ASC 360 long-loved asset impairment analysis.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting software, including design, testing and documentation of new processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, but not required
- 3+ years accounting experience.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting rules.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.