Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Firm in the Greater Boston Area is seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated, and well-organized individual to join our team as a Collections Specialist. This is a direct hire position. 4+ years credit and collections experience required.
Collections Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collect outstanding balances from company clients.
- Build relationships with client companies to collect outstanding balances
- Monitor Accounts Receivable to identify past due accounts and prepare analyses
- Research discrepancies and eliminate obstacles to collecting past due balances
- Review customer credit applications to determine credit worthiness
- Prepare monthly A/R reports and present results Research, analyze, and evaluate the credit worthiness of all new and existing customers
- Collect and manage an accounts receivable portfolio as assigned by management
- Interaction with numerous departments to effect resolution of credit and collection issues
- Assist in the reporting of credit and collection metrics to senior management
Collection Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma required, bachelors degree preferred
- 4+ years of prior credit & collections experience
- Must have a financial transaction background.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with accounting systems and A/R software
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Excel)