Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client located in Cambridge, Ma is looking for a Grants Assistant to join their team on a Direct Hire Basis. This positions offers Full Benefits and a Pension. Looking for 1+ year of experience.
- This role is the Biological Engineering division within the college
- Manage grant money and distribute to the proper professors
- Provide complex, diverse fiscal management and administration services for a senior faculty member and his interdisciplinary lab with a diverse sponsor base.
- Responsibilities include overseeing and managing approximately $4M in research funds per year; serving as a primary information and operations resource for the PI and lab in post-award grants administration
- Providing financial, budgeting, and forecasting support;
- Preparing monthly financial reports to federal sponsors;
- Preparing and analyzing internal computerized reports; assisting with preparation of pre-award documents; and assisting with other aspects of laboratory administration and financial management.
- Can expect to interact with the BE’s financial team, communicate across many levels of the Institute, and act as a liaison and resource for the PI’s laboratory personnel.
- B.A. or B.S.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in finance/accounting or related area in a complex research/administrative environment
- Grants administration/management experience in an academic research environment, particularly research proposal processing and post-award administration
- Ability to structure and manage complex budgets
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills; meticulous attention to detail; initiative
- Ability to implement and/or improve established financial processes and collaborate with faculty, contractors, departmental and research staff, and students
- Receptivity to learning new business methods and computational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Discretion with confidential information
- Proficiency with MS Office. Familiarity with Atlas, SAPgui, Concur, Kuali Coeus is highly desirable.
- Experience as an EHS safety representative a plus.