Our Premier client in the Greater Boston Area is seeking a direct hire Grants Manager. This is a full time position with a great company and opportunity for growth.
Grants Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of sponsored research grants and unrestricted accounts of junior and senior faculty members.
- Assisting with grant and fellowship application preparation by developing the budget, providing guidance and reviewing for accuracy and completeness; manages payroll changes, financial projections for faculty and suggests alternative spending plans; authorizing payments for expenditures; and maintaining accounting records and reconciliations.
- Reconciles financial reports, reviews for accuracy, identifies problems and initiates or recommends remedial action.
- Prepares monthly financial reports to meet and discuss with faculty.
- Ensures compliance with granting agency and university guidelines.
- Advises staff on established policies and procedures such as those pertaining to travel, reimbursements, and visa information.
- Performs related job duties and special projects as required.
Grants Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required, with 3-5 years experience in grant accounting or grant management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work collaboratively with other various areas within the organization.
- Experience with Sponsored Programs Administration experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite required