Lead Senior Accountant
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Lead Senior Accountant
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Lead Senior Accountant
Well Known Technology Organization Looking for a Senior Accountant to Take the Lead!
The Senior Accountant will play a key role in the cost accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, internal control processes and management reporting for this Technology Organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Key member of the Accounting team contributing to a timely and accurate month end close process. Prepares journal entries and other analytical data in support of month end close.
- Leads review of capital expenditure tracking to plan and forecast. Reports accurate results in a timely manner to VP of Finance and Controller.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly forecasts for capital expenditures. Interacts with project managers and purchasing in developing the forecast. Obtains data from Cost Point for open commitments and analyzes timing and impacts on the forecast. Determines projected carryover balances and timing of capitalization. Reports on items capitalized and status of asset tagging on a monthly basis to the Controller and VP Finance.
- Reviews monthly balances and determines timing for capitalization. Ensures correct organizations are set up for depreciation expense. Properly tags assets within 2 weeks of capitalization date.
- Leads review of unbilled balances and work with the business unit and the Contracts department to resolve issues. Prepares unbilled reports by project, analyzing balances due to open and closed projects, contract type and identifying unbilled balances for contracts not yet final billed. Determines adjustments need to clear unbilled balances, such as revenue adjustments or billing or other contractual adjustments.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly backlog report. Responsible for ensuring backlog is cleared monthly for closed projects as appropriate. Sorts backlog by open or closed projects and project types and reports results to the Controller and VP of Finance monthly. Analyzes backlog remaining for cost type project not yet final billed.
- Develops a tool to calculate weekly cash flow forecasts, including projection for cash collections, accounts payable disbursements and intercompany transactions.
- General Ledger Account Assignments: Responsible to ensuring assigned GL accounts are properly reconciled by this Technology Organization (Fixed Assets and Payables Accrual) Monitors activity in assigned GL accounts weekly and monthly.
- Prepares journal entries for the assigned accounts as appropriate.
- Supports the revenue recognition process in training as backup to preparation of revenue memos. Supports the upcoming transition to new revenue standards.
- Proactively reports to controller any inconsistencies, such as voids and out of balance positions
- Leads activities in the preparation of annual surveys from corporate offices as assigned.
- Provides accurate and properly analyzed schedules in support of quarterly and annual audit and tax packs as assigned.
- Provides variance explanations on month end results
- Assist Controller in other ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Assists, as required, in special projects to improve overall efficiency, eliminating process waste and improving company profitability
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Understanding of compliance with revenue recognition methodology per GAAP and corporate guidelines
- Strong ability to develop a communication network to accomplish complex assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses initiative and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter who finds solutions to problems
- Ability to produce quality results in tight timeframes
- Capability to manage multiple projects with high priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate in group meetings
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Skills using advanced formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field with at least ten (10) years of accounting experience with increasing responsibility over time
- Experience with Government Accounting a plus
If you are interested in this position apply NOW!
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Engineering Technician in Concord NH
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator-Beltline - Weekend Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Artisto Technician in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN