Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in Marlborough, MA is looking for a Payroll & Accounting Specialist on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
Payroll & Accounting Specialist
The primary responsibility of the Payroll & Accounting Specialist is to support payments to employees including payroll payments and administration (which includes the review of foreign payrolls), tax filing support for new jurisdictions, expense review and reimbursement consistent with policy as well as discretion with respect to overall stewardship. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Essential Job Functions:
- U.S. Payroll Processing (bi-weekly and ad-hoc)
- Tracking and summarizing payroll changes in coordination with Human Resources Department.
- Ensuring the timing processing and verification of the above changes.
- Bi-weekly (and ad-hoc) processing payroll for each of the above jurisdictions.
- Preparation, verification and funding of 401K transfer.
Employee Expense Reimbursement:
On a weekly basis, review employees’ expenses to:
- Ensure completeness of the expense support.
- Ensure consistency of the reimbursement with support.
- Review and communicate any discrepancies with company policy.
- Use discretion to make decisions on the adequacy of support and consistency with company policy (where the policy does not directly address).
- Process on a timely basis.
- On an as needed, project basis, complete the tax filing needed for new jurisdiction requirements associated with new state filing requirements (i.e. in the event the company is required to register for payroll purposes in a new state).
- Coordinate with Tax Manager on the filing requirements.
- Prepare and present Tax Manager the filing requirements (submit to the state).
- Filing of Canadian Payroll Tax Reporting.
- Work with UltiPro to resolve tax issues.
- Reconciles the domestic quarterly and yearly tax returns.
- On a bi-weekly basis, reconcile the balances for vacation accrual, other payroll accruals.
- On a monthly basis, prepare and present an accurate and complete payroll accrual.
- On a monthly basis, prepare and present reconcilement of payroll related general ledger accounts.
- At lease quarterly, reconcile benefits costs in payroll to general ledger to ensure accuracy of payroll records to supporting documentation and benefits records. This project requires attention to detail and the ability to pull data from multiple sources.
- On an annual basis, independently complete the 401K Discrimination Testing.
- On an annual basis, independently complete the Annual Workers Compensation Audit
Additional Monthly Activities:
- Approve payroll for international payrolls (Hong Kong, Philippians, UK, Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia) – payroll processed by payroll service company
- Enter Liberty Mutual Changes and prepare payment.
- Balance, process and prepare payments for AFLAC, Guardian, VSP and Legal Shield invoices.
- Reconcile and prepare payment for all benefit statements.
- Monthly Report to Corporate ESCO Contributions and stock contributions.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner with the payroll vendors, HR, employees, managers, ESCO, etc. which affect the payrolls.
- Assists with month-end and year- end closings, financial and tax audits.
- Conforms with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Serves as the point of contact for requests from ESCO and outside auditors to ensure compliance with SOX - payroll, ESIP, 401k, Worker’s Compensation and other plans and determines the best way to resolve their requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in Finance or Accounting; OR a combination of experience, education, and training equivalent to a four-year degree.
- Must have at least 7 to 10 years of payroll experience in a complex corporate environment.
- Must possess detail knowledge of payroll, tax and accounting concepts.
- Must have proven ability in improving payroll systems through feed automation and enhanced reporting.
- The ability to keep information confidential and communicate with the utmost of discretion.
- The person must have a high attention to detail and the ability to follow logical steps.
- The capacity to meet critical deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast pace team environment.
- Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface within all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Compressor Operation – General Assembly Line. in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembler Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Production Planner in Gainesville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Gainesville GA
- Civil Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 1st Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- EM Assembler in Lexington MA
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Design Engineer in Aiken SC
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in Bridgeport NJ
- CNC Programmer in Vineland NJ
- Put Away 1st and 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- PLC Technician in McBee SC
- Receiving Associate 1st and 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Eden Prairie MN
- Materials Associate in Boxborough MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Business Process Integration Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Data Entry Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Stockroom Associate in Norcross GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Distribution Associate in Suwanee GA
- Demand Planner in Hayward CA
- Receptionist in Memphis TN
- Supply Chain Agent in Bridgeport NJ
- Category Manager in Bridgeport NJ
- Project Manager in Duluth GA
- Assembly - Test Technician in Sterling MA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Production Operator - Medical Device Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Pre-Wave Assembler in Westford MA
- Quality Inspector - AOI in Westford MA
- Senior Instrument Assembler in Lindon UT
- Machinist in New Haven CT
- Injection Mold Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- Account Executive - Woburn, MA in Woburn MA
- Technical Recruiter - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Recruiter - MA in Marlborough MA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Inspector II in Merrimack NH
- Mechanical Assembler in Ashland MA
- Technical Recruiter - GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Executive NJ - Pipeline in Vineland NJ
- Field Service Manager in Kennesaw GA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Recruiting Coordinator in Memphis TN
- Technical Recruiter - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant in Norwood MA
- Medical Lab Technologist in Norwood MA
- Refrigeration Tech in Malborough MA
- Manufacturing Process-Project Engineer in Charlton MA
- Manufacturing Controls Engineer in Charlton MA
- Engineering Technician (Document Control) in Charlton MA
- 2nd Shift Replenisher in Suwanee GA
- Lead CNC Milling Operator in Swedesboro NJ
- Receiving Associate 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Mold Shop Operations Manager in Duluth GA
- Design Engineer in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Accounts Payable in Ashland MA
- A-R Admin in Roswell GA
- Sr Mechanical Inspector in Bedford MA
- Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician in Cambridge MA
- Machine Electrician in Walker MI
- Shipping and Receiving Specialist in Norwood MA
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Jr Buyer in Merrimack NH
- Sr technicians in Merrimack NH
- Sr Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Production Associate in Green Bay WI
- Material Handler in Norwood MA
- 3rd Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Inspector in Woburn MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Quality Control Specialist in Natick MA
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Electro-mechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Shear Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Nashua NH
- CNC Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Synthesis Operator in Taunton MA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Experience Design Researcher in Milford MA