Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in Marlborough, MA is looking for a Payroll & Accounting Specialist on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
Payroll & Accounting Specialist
The primary responsibility of the Payroll & Accounting Specialist is to support payments to employees including payroll payments and administration (which includes the review of foreign payrolls), tax filing support for new jurisdictions, expense review and reimbursement consistent with policy as well as discretion with respect to overall stewardship. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Essential Job Functions:
- U.S. Payroll Processing (bi-weekly and ad-hoc)
- Tracking and summarizing payroll changes in coordination with Human Resources Department.
- Ensuring the timing processing and verification of the above changes.
- Bi-weekly (and ad-hoc) processing payroll for each of the above jurisdictions.
- Preparation, verification and funding of 401K transfer.
Employee Expense Reimbursement:
On a weekly basis, review employees’ expenses to:
- Ensure completeness of the expense support.
- Ensure consistency of the reimbursement with support.
- Review and communicate any discrepancies with company policy.
- Use discretion to make decisions on the adequacy of support and consistency with company policy (where the policy does not directly address).
- Process on a timely basis.
- On an as needed, project basis, complete the tax filing needed for new jurisdiction requirements associated with new state filing requirements (i.e. in the event the company is required to register for payroll purposes in a new state).
- Coordinate with Tax Manager on the filing requirements.
- Prepare and present Tax Manager the filing requirements (submit to the state).
- Filing of Canadian Payroll Tax Reporting.
- Work with UltiPro to resolve tax issues.
- Reconciles the domestic quarterly and yearly tax returns.
- On a bi-weekly basis, reconcile the balances for vacation accrual, other payroll accruals.
- On a monthly basis, prepare and present an accurate and complete payroll accrual.
- On a monthly basis, prepare and present reconcilement of payroll related general ledger accounts.
- At lease quarterly, reconcile benefits costs in payroll to general ledger to ensure accuracy of payroll records to supporting documentation and benefits records. This project requires attention to detail and the ability to pull data from multiple sources.
- On an annual basis, independently complete the 401K Discrimination Testing.
- On an annual basis, independently complete the Annual Workers Compensation Audit
Additional Monthly Activities:
- Approve payroll for international payrolls (Hong Kong, Philippians, UK, Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia) – payroll processed by payroll service company
- Enter Liberty Mutual Changes and prepare payment.
- Balance, process and prepare payments for AFLAC, Guardian, VSP and Legal Shield invoices.
- Reconcile and prepare payment for all benefit statements.
- Monthly Report to Corporate ESCO Contributions and stock contributions.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner with the payroll vendors, HR, employees, managers, ESCO, etc. which affect the payrolls.
- Assists with month-end and year- end closings, financial and tax audits.
- Conforms with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Serves as the point of contact for requests from ESCO and outside auditors to ensure compliance with SOX - payroll, ESIP, 401k, Worker’s Compensation and other plans and determines the best way to resolve their requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in Finance or Accounting; OR a combination of experience, education, and training equivalent to a four-year degree.
- Must have at least 7 to 10 years of payroll experience in a complex corporate environment.
- Must possess detail knowledge of payroll, tax and accounting concepts.
- Must have proven ability in improving payroll systems through feed automation and enhanced reporting.
- The ability to keep information confidential and communicate with the utmost of discretion.
- The person must have a high attention to detail and the ability to follow logical steps.
- The capacity to meet critical deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast pace team environment.
- Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface within all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Jr. Program Manager in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer - Hard Turning in North Canton OH
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA