Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking an experience Payroll Supervisor for a full-time permanent opportunity in Auburn, MA.
Oversee and perform daily payroll functions for multi-divisional company with the assistance of an Accounting Assistant. This is a lead role where the day-to-day responsibilities are accomplished by directly working with the accounting team and other internal and external partners. Support the Controller in meeting deadlines, filing requirements, analyses, reporting, and ensuring audit procedures are followed.
- Supervise and assist processing weekly payroll to ensure efficient, accurate, and timely payment of wages, bonuses, and allowances for 600+ employees.
- Provide leadership, analyses, internal auditing and process improvement recommendations within the department.
- Keep abreast of changing regulations and best practices.
- Verify and maintain prevailing wage rates in the ERP system.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems directly related to payroll processes to eliminate errors and increase efficiency.
- Oversee all functions performed by the Accounting Assistant-Payroll, review all existing and future functions, provide training as needed.
- Assist training field Managers and Supervisors on payroll processes and time entry system.
- Instruct employees regarding payroll calculations and deductions, investigate problems and make appropriate suggestions or corrections.
- Regularly review and analyze reports to maintain database integrity.
- Remain highly organized and flexible with excellent attention to detail.
- Meets operational standards by working with the Controller to implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards and resolving problems.
- Resolves complex customer service issues and problems using expertise in payroll policies and laws.
- Supervises the entire payroll process for multi-state environment and ensures these are processed timely and accurately.
- Assists with quarterly and annual balancing of payroll tax filings for all tax jurisdictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting; or 6+ years’ relevant payroll experience, CPP accreditation preferred.
- 2-4 years working with Payroll in an ERP system, COINS software desirable.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel.
- Experience with Davis-Bacon and state prevailing wage laws is desired.
- Solid understanding of multi-state payroll, payroll taxes and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Demonstrated leadership/coaching/mentoring skills.
- Extreme concentration and attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills with all levels of staff, management and external parties.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently.