Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client is currently seeking candidates in the Atlanta area for the role of Plant Accountant. This person will be responsible for reporting, analysis, planning, forecasting, management reporting, accounting operations. In addition, the Plant Accountant helps the Controller and Operational and Supply Chain teams by providing support on plant performance, capital and resource allocation.
Responsibilities of the Plant Accountant
- Responsible to provide manufacturing cost accounting and services support to manufacturing sites in the US.
- This position will have primary responsibility for the monthly closing of plant ledgers and for responding to questions on Operations spend, product cost, variances, and period expense.
- The position works with various accounting and reporting systems to accomplish tasks and must be able to manipulate and organize data for effective presentation.
- The position provides support to Operations, including cost analysis, inventory control, product unit cost, variance analytics, and financial reporting for special projects.
- Specific activities include monthly transactional inputs to close process orders, building and validating total product cost, developing cost standards, participating in the standard cost revaluation process and effectively linking this information to the outlook and budget processes, and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Provide manufacturing variance, PPV, inventory adjustment analysis.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- May initiate and lead special projects for process improvements.
- The position works with various accounting and reporting systems to accomplish tasks and must be able to manipulate and organize data for effective presentation
- Assist Controller with monthly forecasts and annual budget.
- Perform Account reconciliations for key balance sheet items as well as labor, process orders.
Requirements of the Plant Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in manufacturing finance and accounting roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the capacity to oversee the timely completion of multiple, complex tasks concurrently.
- Has performed a month end close in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong analytical skills desired.
- Strong product costing and inventory background
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Consumer Goods industry
- Strong Microsoft Office and PC skills.
- Strong SAP skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment will be critical.