Plant Cost Controller
Plant Cost Controller
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking a Plant Cost Controller to join our manufacturing client in Hudson, MA on a permanent basis.
The Plant Cost Controller is a critical role in support of the growth and performance of the local facility location. Responsible for managing the controlling function of all projects which includes planning, developing, and forecasting project’s budget. Working closely with Operations and Project Managers to minimize deviations from forecasts/budgets and ensure projects are completed on time, this individual will also assist with tracking and analyzing costs and ensuring invoicing to clients on a timely basis accordingly to sales orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Operations and Project Managers as a strategic partner to address any issues that could affect project financials
- Meets regularly with Project Managers to monitor project progress and budget limits, coordinate with Operations to monitor, document, and continuously manage project risks and opportunities and drive action/recovery plans as required
- Creates new Sales Orders and Enters Original Planned Costs (Budgets) and Networks as well as Billing Plans in SAP and manages adjustments to Planned costs and CON’s as approved and P.O. received
- Enters Warranty Orders into SAP and monitors, analyzes and tracks warranty activity
- Forecasts and maintains project budgets on an ongoing basis
- Prepares various project specific planning and cost analyses, spreadsheets, work instructions and tracking and charting as requested and required
- Creates and maintains budgets and forecasts
- Executes projects and other duties critical to the company’s success as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required
- 5+ years related experience
- Experience with SAP required
- Microsoft Suite with a strong emphasis on Excel, Pivot tables, and VLOOKUP’S
- Must have an understanding and experience with GAAP and IFRS.
- Knowledgeable in Cost Management Concepts
- Effectively manages cost projects with project management team
- Work independently and as a team member
- Supply relevant, timely and reliable reports to management and meet corporate deadlines
- Travel up to 10% of the time