Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Life Science/Biotech company in the New Castle area is seeking a highly experienced accounting professional who will fill the permanent opening of the Senior Accountant position within their finance department.
- Responsible for monthly closing process including consolidating results, sales and margin reporting and analysis.
- Preparation and analysis of a variety of financial information.
- Prepares internal financial statements and other financial reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial results.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting package to Corporate headquarters.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and Company accounting policy.
- Administers and maintains accounting systems and internal control procedures, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Focused on process improvement and making recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operations.
- Coordinate and analysis of Annual Operating Plan.
- Coordination and preparation of audit requests.
- Preparation of supporting information for Corporate Tax Department.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant program of study required
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably a mix of public and industry experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to use sound judgment and make practical decisions based on facts
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with employees within the group and outside of Finance
- Analytical skills to collect, summarize, and interpret financial results
- Ability to understand the impact and reasoning of assigned objectives/tasks along with the accounting/business impact of chosen solutions
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to monitor own work to ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality.