Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client in Boston, MA has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join their team!
What you’ll accomplish…
- As part of the monthly accounting close, prepare journal entries, analyze results and reconcile balance sheet accounts for assigned areas to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist in all aspects of inventory analysis, including reconciliation of key reserves and roll-forward preparation.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit, as well as inventory appraisals and audits required by the bank. Complete requested materials and assist in preparing assigned schedules and gathering requested support for the audits.
- Interact with operational departments to gather all relevant financial data to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting.
- Perform monthly expense trend and budget vs. actual analyses for review with key department personnel.
- Identify process improvements in month-end close process.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization on special projects as assigned.
- Constant exposure to key business leaders and an active role in the weekly/monthly meetings with Technology and Warehouse teams and monthly actuals vs. budget review meetings.
- Opportunity to manage processes and projects and help identify areas of process improvements.
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and Word.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to seek out additional tasks as time allows and assume additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with 3-5 years accounting experience.
Bonus points for…
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- CPA preferred
- Inventory / retail environment a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus