Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Our client located in Norwell, Ma is looking for multiple SR Accountants to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature
- Perform monthly closing procedures and reconcile sub-systems to general ledger
- Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes supported and explained; Answer questions from external auditors and provide support as needed
- Support the Field and other business units regarding revenues, expenses, prepaids, accruals, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including assisting the External Reporting Manager with consolidation requirements
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management discussion of 10Qs and 10Ks; Prepare some of the more difficult footnotes under the Corporate Accounting responsibility
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies, noted procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Assist in accounting for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Key liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual filings, to include coordination of PBC requests, open items, etc.
- Flexibility to assist in management Ad Hoc projects with time sensitive and high visibility requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of Public Accounting experience or 3+ years of experience at a public company or a mix of both
- CPA license or actively pursuing preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Windows based applications and Accounting Information systems
- Ability to manage complex worksheets to support accounting decisions
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software preferred