Senior Internal Auditor
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Premier client in the Greater Boston area is seeking a Senior Auditor for their internal IT audit team on a permanent basis. This division is responsible for performing process reviews and integrated audits and will participate in examining the adequacy of the company information security controls and technology business process evaluations and design and implement written audit procedures and programs, including authoring written reports.
Senior Auditor Responsibilities:
- Performing process reviews and integrated audits--including the assessment of technological and operational risks--in a complex, decentralized, client service-oriented environment.
- Analyzing data, identifying trends, and interpreting and presenting results of work for consumption by management at various levels.
- Report on an engagement basis to an audit services manager and work with multiple clients in a highly collaborative matrix team environment.
- Conduct audit and advisory engagements of company-wide and department, lab, and center level processes and control systems.
Senior Auditor Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in information technology, accounting, business administration, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in information technology internal auditing and/or public accounting, preferably in an educational or nonprofit organization
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Professional certification (i.e., CISA, CPA, CIA) or ability to obtain within 18 months of employment preferred.
- Understanding of the concepts of governance, risks, and controls; information security; project management; and systems development concepts is essential.
- Understanding of information technology management practice frameworks and their application within a complex, distributed, research-intensive environment strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of electronic audit tools (i.e., ACL, Brio, Cognos, Access), data analytic concepts, and ERP systems (SAP) preferred