Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
We are currently hiring for a Senior Manager at our Global Organization based in Boston, MA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Based in Boston, MA, the Senior Manager, Real Estate Accounting is a key member of the Global Controllership team with global platform responsibility for:
- Establishing and leading a “center of excellence” pertaining to real estate accounting, which will ensure consistent application of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (US GAAP) across the global organization
- Managing all end-to-end aspects of real estate accounting (inclusive of leased Real Estate, Equipment, Fleet, etc), including month end reconciliation processes
- Overseeing the North American real estate tax and prepaid rent reconciliation process
- Partnering with the Global Real Estate (“GRE”) team as a trusted advisor surrounding the accounting implications of various real estate transactions
- The Senior Manager will also act as a key contributor to the process of the Company adopting the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as other important programs and initiatives across the Global Controllership.
- Ensure that the real estate accounting is complete, accurate and delivered timely to the corporate accounting team monthly for North America. This will include deferred rent schedules/reconciliations, property tax accrual/prepaid schedules, prepaid rent reconciliations, various other accruals, and other support necessary to account for various real estate transactions.
- Review and approve all monthly reconciliations completed by other members of the lease accounting team including any outsourced providers.
- Being a key contributor to the Company’s adoption of the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as various other special projects involving real estate.
- Take responsibility and accountability for approving any relevant SOX and/or ACE controls.
- Assist the GRE team with the annual budget process for North America occupancy expenses. Provide resource and assistance for the loading of said budget into the appropriate Hyperion model.
- Interface readily with IM’s outsourced lease administration provider (CBRE) and use and leverage the Tririga platform as needed for all lease administration needs including the monthly preparation and payment of rent.
- Review leases prior and subsequent to execution to ensure compliance with US GAAP, primarily focused on reviewing or preparing ASC 840 testing and deferred rent schedules. Perform the final accounting review for all newly abstracted leases.
- Assist the GRE team with structuring deals that will comply with US GAAP
- Responsible for research and accounting relating to capital leases, sales, purchases, tenant improvements, subleases, Real Estate facility GL coding and other real estate related transactions.
- Enhance and implementing new policies, procedures, processes, controls and systems based on real estate and/or accounting best practices.
- Manage and coach those responsible for the preparation of the various month end closing activities.
- Influence and educate other internal and external team members to comply with accounting and system requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate finance, finance/accounting, or other related area is required. Graduate degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of broad business experience with an emphasis on accounting, real estate finance or business finance.
- 6+ years of “Big 4” public accounting experience with large ($500M+ revenues) publicly-held, multi-national organizations.
- CPA with experience researching complicated accounting issues
- Strong technical expertise in accounting for real estate (including leases) in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues strongly preferred.
- Career progression should indicate positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Experience with enterprise-wide applications and accounting systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) are a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interface effectively with clients, peers and senior management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of ability to work both independently as well as within a team structure
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to work productively in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze the quality and completeness of results quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies to resolve problems at their source
- Tooling Engineer in Newnan GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville MN
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Quality Engineer in Duluth GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Electronics Assembler - Soldering in New Hope MN
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN