Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Title:Senior Manager - Real Estate Accounting
We are currently hiring for a Senior Manager at our Global Organization based in Boston, MA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Based in Boston, MA, the Senior Manager, Real Estate Accounting is a key member of the Global Controllership team with global platform responsibility for:
- Establishing and leading a “center of excellence” pertaining to real estate accounting, which will ensure consistent application of accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (US GAAP) across the global organization
- Managing all end-to-end aspects of real estate accounting (inclusive of leased Real Estate, Equipment, Fleet, etc), including month end reconciliation processes
- Overseeing the North American real estate tax and prepaid rent reconciliation process
- Partnering with the Global Real Estate (“GRE”) team as a trusted advisor surrounding the accounting implications of various real estate transactions
- The Senior Manager will also act as a key contributor to the process of the Company adopting the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as other important programs and initiatives across the Global Controllership.
- Ensure that the real estate accounting is complete, accurate and delivered timely to the corporate accounting team monthly for North America. This will include deferred rent schedules/reconciliations, property tax accrual/prepaid schedules, prepaid rent reconciliations, various other accruals, and other support necessary to account for various real estate transactions.
- Review and approve all monthly reconciliations completed by other members of the lease accounting team including any outsourced providers.
- Being a key contributor to the Company’s adoption of the new US GAAP lease accounting standard, as well as various other special projects involving real estate.
- Take responsibility and accountability for approving any relevant SOX and/or ACE controls.
- Assist the GRE team with the annual budget process for North America occupancy expenses. Provide resource and assistance for the loading of said budget into the appropriate Hyperion model.
- Interface readily with IM’s outsourced lease administration provider (CBRE) and use and leverage the Tririga platform as needed for all lease administration needs including the monthly preparation and payment of rent.
- Review leases prior and subsequent to execution to ensure compliance with US GAAP, primarily focused on reviewing or preparing ASC 840 testing and deferred rent schedules. Perform the final accounting review for all newly abstracted leases.
- Assist the GRE team with structuring deals that will comply with US GAAP
- Responsible for research and accounting relating to capital leases, sales, purchases, tenant improvements, subleases, Real Estate facility GL coding and other real estate related transactions.
- Enhance and implementing new policies, procedures, processes, controls and systems based on real estate and/or accounting best practices.
- Manage and coach those responsible for the preparation of the various month end closing activities.
- Influence and educate other internal and external team members to comply with accounting and system requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate finance, finance/accounting, or other related area is required. Graduate degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires 7+ years of broad business experience with an emphasis on accounting, real estate finance or business finance.
- 6+ years of “Big 4” public accounting experience with large ($500M+ revenues) publicly-held, multi-national organizations.
- CPA with experience researching complicated accounting issues
- Strong technical expertise in accounting for real estate (including leases) in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues strongly preferred.
- Career progression should indicate positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Experience with enterprise-wide applications and accounting systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) are a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interface effectively with clients, peers and senior management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstration of ability to work both independently as well as within a team structure
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to work productively in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze the quality and completeness of results quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies to resolve problems at their source
- Engineering Technician in Memphis TN
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Warehouse Associate in Milford MA
- Industrial Painter in Duluth GA
- Embedded Engineer in Ashland MA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- AP Clerk in Hopedale MA
- IT Help Desk Technician in Marlborough MA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Electrical Engineer in Littleton MA
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Project Engineer in Sterling MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Sterling MA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Field Service Engineer in Marlboro MA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- QC Inspector in Bedford MA
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Representative in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Facilities Technician in Ashland MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Firmware Engineer in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Lowell MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Manager in Dover NH
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA