Specialty:Accounting & Finance
This Top Retail Company in Massachusetts is looking for a Tax Accountant who can work for their team seamlessly. If you love fashion and an exciting, innovative workplace, then come join! General Summary The Tax Accountant will assist in the tax function for the Company including both income and sales & use tax. Primary responsibilities will be assisting in preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision to ensure financial statements are properly recorded and presented. In addition, this position will assist in the outsourcing of both the income and sales & use tax compliance engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Working knowledge of accounting for income taxes (including uncertain tax positions) and compliance
• Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly and year-end domestic components of the tax provision under U.S. GAAP.
• Preparation of supporting schedules for federal & state income tax returns, maintain tax calendar, and assist in communication with various state taxing jurisdictions.
• Assist with the review of income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extension requests for, state, and local jurisdictions prepared by outside CPA firm.
• Assist in preparation and filing of other non-income based returns and related supporting schedules.
• Prepare tax account reconciliations, including posting of income tax related journal entries.
• Research income tax issues as they arise in the preparation of returns and draft memos as needed.
• Support requests from external auditors as well as responses to audit inquiries from tax authorities.
• Assist in the maintenance of tax depreciation records and responsible for all tax compliance related depreciation calculations for the Company, provide accurate and timely reporting of tax depreciation when required.
• Prepare multi-year tax projections and cash forecasts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
• 2 years of professional experience in tax compliance and/or accounting. “Big Four” accounting firm, large regional accounting firm, or large corporate tax department is preferred
• CPA license and/or advanced degree is preferred
• Experience working with Onesource Provision and SAGE Fixed Asset Software “FAS” a plus
• Computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities, attention to detail is essential
• Strong oral and written communication
If you are interested Apply!