Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking a Technical Accountant for a privately held technology company in the Framingham/Natick area. This position requires a dedicated accounting professional who will focus on hedge accounting and assist with improving global consistency in financial technical reporting.
Technical Accountant Responsibilities:
- Support the Corporate Accounting Manager and Technical Accounting Supervisor in assessing financial reporting risks.
- Perform GAAP research and work with U.S. and foreign Finance team to understand accounting practices.
- Assist in researching accounting topics, writing memos, and preparing presentations
- Provide support to Treasury by preparing a monthly reporting package on the hedge portfolio.
- Manage the preparation of schedules (PBC’s) for the annual audit. Coordinate with external auditors and internal resources to ensure timely and accurate delivery. Assist in the preparation of PBC schedules.
- Coordinate various year-end audit activities, including communicating the project plan to the Finance community and worldwide subsidiaries.
- Perform foreign currency hedge accounting activities during the month and during the close process, including preparing and recording hedging journal entries.
- Work with external auditors on understanding the audit approach and determining the most effective and efficient way to meet testing requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the footnotes in the worldwide financial statements and European statutory financial statements.
- Ad-Hoc projects including: business combinations, multiple element arrangements, derivatives, foreign currency translation, and leases.
Technical Accountant Requirements:
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 or national public accounting firm
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Master's degree preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Financial reporting experience pertaining to large, multi-national organizations focusing on manufacturing, technology, or consumer products preferred
- Experience with hedge accounting preferred
- Ideal candidate will display an ability to frame and evaluate complex issues quickly and possess strong problem resolution and communication skills
- Eager to learn and build skill-set around financial reporting and technical accounting
- 5% travel is required. Additional travel may be needed for significant projects