Technical Accounting Manager
Technical Accounting Manager
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Davis Engineering is partnering with a leading Biotech company in Northern Massachusetts to place a Technical Accounting Manager with leadership background on a direct basis. If interested in this role, please email your Word formatted resume to Rich Gardner at email@example.com to be contacted.
Job Title: Technical Accounting Manager
New opportunity: Technical Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team. The Technical Accounting Manager will work closely with the Corporate Controller to address relevant technical accounting and operational matters including revenue recognition, inventory matters, mergers and acquisition accounting, adoption of new standards (lease), internal controls, support of global finance operations in the application of U.S. GAAP, and maintenance of global accounting policies.
The Technical Accounting Manager is expected to develop working relationships with various levels of management and coordinate with Finance, IT, Audit and business unit professionals to successfully achieve the objectives of the assigned projects.
- Assist with corporate oversight of global revenue recognition, including consultation with entities regarding contract revenue treatment
- Assist with M&A activities including contract review, opening balance sheet procedures, U.S. GAAP application, valuation procedures, memorandum preparation and post-acquisition integration
- Perform deep-dive review of new accounting pronouncements and provide recommended applications to the company
- Participate in the oversight of the internal controls program, including:
- providing guidance on control framework
- working with global control owners to understand the controls impacts
- approval of deficiency remediation
- reporting of program results to leadership
- Assist, when necessary, in the monthly / quarterly close process
- Assist with the preparation and update of accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate with various levels of management to assist with understanding and application of policies, procedures, controls, and related activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 4-8 years’ work experience in technical accounting roles within a mix of public accounting and publicly held company environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required. MBA, CPA, and related field training preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, financial controls (SOX 404 and COSO framework), leading practices, process analysis, and risk assessment
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, computer, quantitative, and proposal communication and presentation skills, including fluent English, SAP, advanced MS Office Suite proficiency including Visio, Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives: foster collaboration and new ways to forge higher levels of teamwork within and between groups.
- Able to successfully multi-task the management and delivery of multiple complex projects with key stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.
- Organize, analyze, and interpret data, records, and reports. Strong analytical skills and a problem solver
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and international travel.