VP, Assistant Controller
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Seeking a direct hire Assistant Controller/VP, Financial Reporting based out of the Greater Boston area who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the companies accounting and reporting and overseeing a variety of accounting functions. The position also oversees the financial reporting function of the department to regulatory agencies, board of directors and bank management. This person will act as the technical expert on accounting requirements for the department and the company, and will work closely with the Controller in the overall management of accounting matters and accounting related projects.
Assistant Controller/VP, Financial Reporting Requirements:
- Oversee the accounting for investment securities transactions.
- Manage the preparation of general ledger entries, month-end accruals and intercompany consolidation for the mutual holding company and subsidiaries.
- Oversee the intercompany accounting process from transaction processing through reporting.
- Settling all security transactions for the company and its subsidiaries and verify such transactions with the corporations safekeeping agent and investment management consulting firm.
- Oversee the preparation of input documentation for all security transactions for entry into the investment accounting system.
- Reconciliation of investment balances from sub system to General Ledger and safekeeping reports.
- Prepare subsidiary company information for reports to state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of monthly reporting for all subsidiary company activity to senior management, including Board reports, budget reports, etc.
- Oversee the accounts payable process for all subsidiary companies.
- Oversee the FDICIA testing process and maintain the FDICIA cycle controls for the department.
- Act as backup for department representative at various committee meetings.
Assistant Controller/VP, Financial Reporting Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting.
- 5-10 years' experience in a senior level accounting position in a banking environment.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, and Experienced with third-party software vendors such as IDC, Jack Henry and IPA
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and analytical skills.
- Investment accounting and financial reporting experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and principles required, CPA designation a plus.
- Knowledge of IPA investment software preferred, but not required.