Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an individual to join our team to provide Human Resource Generalist support services at a manufacturing facility. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing all HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the management and HR team in supporting designated projects. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training and coaching (group and one-on-one), performance management, onboarding, new hire transitions, policy implementation/interpretation, facility communication, employment/labor law compliance, employee reporting and compensation/benefit administration support.
- Works collaboratively with employees and management to provide guidance on various issues including but not limited to labor and employee relation issues, interpretation of plant policies and practices, performance management and investigations, benefits and compensation programs.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment, discrimination, etc.
- Partners with management in drafting and reviewing corrective action and performance improvement plans.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the performance management guide for the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Develop and execute people processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization’s short and long term business needs.
- Provides fast pace walk-in support to employees soliciting support.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Utilizes a variety of translation tools (online and apps) to support a multi-culture/language working environment.
- Provides competitive market research on various HR related topics and prepares/presents the data as needed to management staff.
- Partners with accounting and payroll to maintain the employee/payroll database.
- Supports gathering salary survey data when needed.
- Spends time on the production floor to maintain positive rapport, answer questions, and proactively address issues.
- Assists company-wide teams including the wellness, education and training, environmental health and safety, culture and communication activities.
- Plans and coordinate company events in partnership with HR Assistant.
- Serves as point-of-contact between employees and management team on escalated employee issues. Identifies potential issues, offers advice and provide solutions.
- Creates/coordinate/posts regular communication updates to the facilities through email, posters and television updates.
- Supports administrative and planning activities for the Adopt-A-School and Scholarship programs.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Tracks corrective action plans and exit interview data to determine trends and recommend possible solutions to reduce organizational risk and improve employee engagement.
- Conducts exit interviews for hourly and salaried employees.
- Assist with identification of training initiatives for the site.
- Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Development, review and update job descriptions as needed.
- Supports new hire transitions by processing background checks and pre-employment drug screens as needed.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as needed.
- Maintains labor and employment compliance posters throughout facility.
- Maintains, tracks and updates electronic filing system.
- Writes, distributes and tracks employee attendance employee disciplinary actions.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Participate in other Human Resource projects, duties and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (read, write, translate and speak)
- 5 years Human Resources experience
- Excellent communication written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office software
- Knowledge of employment and labor law
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships within all departments
- Strong problem solving, multitasking, time management and organizational skills
- High change agility to adjust to business needs
- Ability to work off schedule shifts as needed
- Ability to train groups of employees, supervisors or managers either in a group setting or one-on-one
- Ability to work with ambiguity, creativity and be highly flexible.
- Ability to accommodate an early start or late workday as the business needs
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Work in a cubicle (open workspace)
- Kronos experience preferred
- HRIS (Ultipro) experience preferred
- Sitting, standing and walking regularly
Monday – Friday ability to be flexible with schedule nights/early morning for training sessions when needed.
Also, the individual needs to come or have experience working in food manufacturing or manufacturing environment.
- 2nd Shift EM Tech in Danvers MA
- Cycle Count Associate in Jefferson GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Service Repair Technician 2nd shift in Chelmsford MA
- PTO Tech in Memphis TN
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Packaging Assembler in Newton MA
- Computer Operator in Swedesboro NJ
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Chelmsford MA
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Receptionist- HR Admin Assistant in New Hope MN
- ISO Tank Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ
- Maintenance Manager in Millville NJ
- 2nd shift Lead Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Warehouse Operator in Memphis TN
- Bench Service Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Administrative Assistant in Swedesboro NJ
- Warehouse Manager in Swedesboro NJ
- 2nd shift Machine Operator in Vineland NJ
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Warehouse Shipper in Wilmington MA
- Warehouse Receiving in Wilmington MA
- QA Supervisor in Millville NJ
- Test Operator (2 2nd shift and 1 1st shift) in Austin TX
- Medical Technologist in Chantilly VA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Project Manager in Wilmington NC
- SI Assembler in Austin TX
- Strategic Innovation Manager in Memphis TN
- Process Engineer in Clover SC
- Warehouse Lead in Memphis TN
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Facilities Tech in Westborough MA
- Electronics Assembler in New Hope MN
- System Level Debug Tech in Chelmsford MA
- Conformal Coating Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Python Developer in Ruffsdale PA
- Rework & Soldering Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- CNC Process Engineer in Troy AL
- Client Services Rep I in Lee's Summit MO
- Forklift Operator in Memphis TN
- Distribution Associate I in Memphis TN
- Stockroom- 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Machine Shop Supervisor in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- HR Benefits Specialist in Andover MA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Em Assemblers 2nd shift in Merrimack NH
- General Labor Warehouse in Memphis TN
- Sales Engineer in Bedford NH
- IT Operations Engineer II in Milford MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Service Technician 2 in Chelmsford MA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Electronic Service Technician in Plymouth MN
- Plant Controller in Franklin MA
- Controller in Nashua NH
- Temp Optical Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- CNC Machine Operator in Lawrence MA
- QA Engineer (4G Access) in Nashua NH
- QA Engineer (3G Access) in Nashua NH
- Calibration Technician in Andover MA
- Electrician in Franklin MA
- Lead Electrical Engineer in Anoka MN
- Entry-Level Assembler in Andover MA
- E-M Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Industrial - Plant Electrical Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Director, Quality Assurance in Millville NJ
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Quality Inspector in Minneapolis MN
- Safety Manager in Everett MA
- Sales Engineer in Norcross GA
- Customer Service-Sales in Memphis TN
- Specimen Technician I in Tucker GA
- Quality technician in Norcross GA
- Packaging Supervisor in Olive Branch MS
- Principal Electrical Engineer in Waltham MA
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Laboratory Assistant in Tucker GA
- Sanitary Welding Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- EM Assembler in Willmington MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Laboratory Assistant in Marlborough MA
- Structural Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- Laboratory Automation Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Customer Service Rep in Concord CA
- CNC Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- 3rd shift Packer-Picker-Puller in Newfield NJ