Human Resources Generalist
Searching for a Human Resources Generalist located in Franklin, MA. This is a perm direct hire position.
Position: Provides a comprehensive range of support for the production facility and dispensaries, including employment, employee relations and talent management processes and any related systems. Provides oversight and maintains the related HR documentation and recordkeeping requirements, Training documentation, and Workers’ Compensation program. Enables an unobstructed flow of communication to employees, and appropriate level agencies, while ensuring confidentiality and accuracy of all information.
Duties, Authority and Supervision
- Report directly to the Human Resources Director
- Responsible for employee relations, talent management (and related systems), HR documentation, recordkeeping, policies and procedures.
- Follow Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and in full compliance with state regulations
- Ensures the maintenance of confidentiality at all times with internal staff, external communications and vendors
- Maintains the HRIS system and database ensuring the information is updated timely and accurately at all times
- Creates, maintains and updates job descriptions, policies and other HR related documentation.
- Verifies personnel paperwork, status changes and updates.
- Assists with the orientation of newly hired employees, ensuring the collection of all required paperwork and following up on all required training documentation.
- Facilitates and follows up with departments regarding all training documentation as required and oversees tracking of training records in accordance with state and requirements.
- Responds to employee information requests from internal and external sources in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Receives, reviews, coaches and counsels Supervisors and Managers with employee relations issues as they arise.
- Coaches and counsels Department Managers and Supervisors with Corrective Actions ensuring appropriate levels are utilized.
- Coaches and counsels Managers and Supervisors with 90 day and Annual reviews, ensuring timely completion and appropriate content.
- Facilitates and maintains the Workers compensation program.
- Ensures timely responses to employee injuries, follow and provides direction as needed.
- Submits injury reports to WC insurance carrier in a timely manner and maintains all claims through completion.
- Initiates and maintains the Modified duty program for all locations, coordinating with HR Manager, as needed.
- Investigates and responds to OSHA complaints and completes annual 300 and 300A reporting as required.
- Audits personnel files as required, ensuring accuracy and inclusion of all required content.
- Ensures files are in compliance with legal and regulatory standards at all times.
- Report generation and other record keeping, and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in HR, or a related filed.
- Experience with HRIS and Time and Attendance system(s) required.
- Current knowledge of U.S. employment laws and MGL specific requirements.
- Proficient Computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, HRIS, etc.) Strong initiative, ability to anticipate issues proactively. Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility. Detail oriented with strong organizational and administrative skills. Close attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping abilities, and ability to multi-task, work independently and within a team.
- Must be discreet, able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately. Ability to interact with individuals from diverse levels and consistently provide superior customer service