Job Title: Master Scheduler and Planner
This role is focused on managing production schedules to satisfy customer demands. Analyzes and revises production plans and provides appropriate delivery dates as required. Works with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction. Analyzes and reports on actual customer demand, trends and forecasts, adjusts capacity plans accordingly.
- Act as scheduling contact for Account Managers and Sales Team – communicate scheduling issues, mediate delivery problems
- Prepare production schedules for Tablet Manufacturing and Packaging from orders received and generate production work orders from Process Pro
- Prepare production schedules for Liquids Batching and Packaging from orders received and generate production work orders from Process Pro.
- Draw up Master Schedule to determine order and lead time of each process to meet completion dates.
- Participate in the Product Development and Production Transition as needed to understand new product/customer scheduling demands.
- Interface with all levels of the organization regarding production planning.
- Prioritize schedules for each department and determine necessary equipment sequence to fulfill the established production sequence including lead-time
- Communicate with department managers and team leaders to determine status of master schedule and update completion times.
- Weekly scheduling meetings with Management Team.
- Maintain accurate record of demonstrated fill rates.
- Review customer specific sales forecasts and provide updates to the management team.
- Identify constraints for meeting production goals and communicate them to the management team.
- Maintain the Item Master and Item Location files in Process Pro for MRP
- Regenerate MRP daily or as needed
- Reconcile MRP generated production work orders with schedules
- Monitor release and shipping arrangements
- May initiate notification of customer complaints
- May initiate ECO’s
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must demonstrate a good understanding of scheduling and production capacity planning. Solid working knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. Must have a strong sense of urgency and a can do attitude. Must have experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel). Ability to learn new software packages. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is moderate.