ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST
ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST
City:Santa Fe Springs
ID/OD GRIND MACHINIST - Santa Fe Springs CA - Direct Placement Position
The Sr. ID/OD Grind Machinist position is a senior level setup machinist position. This position utilizes the machinist’s skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes on CNC and manual ID/OD grinding machines to produce precision aerospace components.
- Independently set up and operate ID/OD grinding machines as required without supervision.
- Read/interpret machining program language required for machine operation at a high level.
- Possess a complete understanding of programming required for machine operation.
- Manually dress grinding wheel
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc., and the ability train associates on the use of said equipment.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/ interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret reports from the CMM measuring equipment and understand the functionality of the machine.
- Collaborate with support groups i.e. engineering, and quality, to prevent or overcome production issues and work stoppages.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain machinery performance and prevent machine downtime.
- Initiate and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as approved by supervisor.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 7 Years of Machining Experience.
- Strong machine setup skills.
- Aerospace experience.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Strong industrial math skills, trigonometry required.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to use and setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S, setup reduction, TPM.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language.