Our client located in Auburn, MA is looking for a general accountant with 3-5 years experience to join their team on a direct hire basis. Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant performs various general accounting and bookkeeping duties including administration of Accounts Payable/Receivable, data entry, posting entries from a wide variety of sources into journals and ledgers entries, matching, preparing checks for vendors and employees, billing responsibilities, financial report preparation, and cross-training with the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Compiles and analyzes information such as cash expenditure trends, accounts payable & accounts receivable status, project costs, inventory standards vs. actual costing, and management reporting pertinent to the operation of the business.
- Verifies, records and posts details of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, collections/billing, cash applications, expense reports and credit card processing.
- Records vendor bills for payment, sales invoices for posting, checks disbursed and payments received.
- Records general ledger activity with related parties and inter-company transaction with our subsidiary.
- Researches and resolves inquiries from vendors and customers regarding invoicing and payments. Routinely communicates with both customers and suppliers to ensure smooth and timely collection and payments.
- Reconciles select balance sheet and P&L accounts with the general ledger.
- Interacts with Sales, Purchasing and Department managers to resolve accounting based discrepancies with vendors, customers, job costs and inventory.
- Prepares monthly use tax submissions and quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Records all bank activity and examines bank statements to reconcile them with general ledger entries.
- Prepares financial analysis reports as requested by the Accounting Manager.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years general accounting and bookkeeping. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting highly desired.
- Good understanding of general accounting standards, principals and practices and bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and Word required and familiarly working in an ERP a plus
- Knowledge and application of Sales & Use tax including monthly reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be detailed oriented, highly organized, have the ability to work under pressure, willingness to be flexible and have good time management skills.
- Diversified duties involving an intensive knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping methods and practices and the use of a wide range of procedures.
- Requires the use of judgment in the maintenance of company records and in the determination of the best actions to be taken within the limits of accepted practice.