Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Auburn, MA is looking for a general accountant with 3-5 years experience to join their team on a direct hire basis. Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant performs various general accounting and bookkeeping duties including administration of Accounts Payable/Receivable, data entry, posting entries from a wide variety of sources into journals and ledgers entries, matching, preparing checks for vendors and employees, billing responsibilities, financial report preparation, and cross-training with the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Compiles and analyzes information such as cash expenditure trends, accounts payable & accounts receivable status, project costs, inventory standards vs. actual costing, and management reporting pertinent to the operation of the business.
- Verifies, records and posts details of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, collections/billing, cash applications, expense reports and credit card processing.
- Records vendor bills for payment, sales invoices for posting, checks disbursed and payments received.
- Records general ledger activity with related parties and inter-company transaction with our subsidiary.
- Researches and resolves inquiries from vendors and customers regarding invoicing and payments. Routinely communicates with both customers and suppliers to ensure smooth and timely collection and payments.
- Reconciles select balance sheet and P&L accounts with the general ledger.
- Interacts with Sales, Purchasing and Department managers to resolve accounting based discrepancies with vendors, customers, job costs and inventory.
- Prepares monthly use tax submissions and quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Records all bank activity and examines bank statements to reconcile them with general ledger entries.
- Prepares financial analysis reports as requested by the Accounting Manager.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years general accounting and bookkeeping. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting highly desired.
- Good understanding of general accounting standards, principals and practices and bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and Word required and familiarly working in an ERP a plus
- Knowledge and application of Sales & Use tax including monthly reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be detailed oriented, highly organized, have the ability to work under pressure, willingness to be flexible and have good time management skills.
- Diversified duties involving an intensive knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping methods and practices and the use of a wide range of procedures.
- Requires the use of judgment in the maintenance of company records and in the determination of the best actions to be taken within the limits of accepted practice.
- Laboratory Assistant in Norwood MA
- Buyer-Planner in Auburn MA
- Accounting Clerk in Hudson MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Sr Manufacturing Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Marketing Communications Specialist in Milford MA
- Customer Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Inside Service Sales Representative in Norcross GA
- Assembly - Test Technician in Sterling MA
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Staff Mechanical Engineer III in Alpharetta GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Respool Operator in Manchester NH
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Mechanics in Providence RI
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Senior Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Materials Handling Supervisor in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Program Manager in Marlborough MA
- Drafter - Drawing Review in Southbridge MA
- Data Entry Clerk in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Norwood MA
- Assembly-Calibration Tech in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Duluth GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Corporate Buyer in Memphis TN
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Junior Buyer in Franklin MA
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Change Manager in Milford MA
- UG Design -Drafter in Central Manchester CT
- CNC Machinists in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Assembly Technician in Natick MA
- Finisher in Memphis TN
- Electronics Test Technician in Norcross GA
- RMA Coordinator in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Rep in Suwanee GA
- Synthesis Operator in Taunton MA
- Quality Tech I in Memphis TN
- Customer Service Representative in Lynn MA
- Sample Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Metallurgical Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler, Kitting 1st Shift in Buford GA
- QC Specialist in Natick MA
- Production Control Administrator in Waltham MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Norwood MA
- Field Service Admin in Methuen MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift) in Metro West MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Service Manager in Danvers MA
- Customer Service Representative in andover MA
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- AEI - Director of Engineering in Wilmington MA
- Data Entry in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Inspector in Shrewsbury MA
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Welder in Peabody MA
- Order Entry Specialist in Ashland MA
- Assembler Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering Technician 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Methuen MA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- CAD Designer in Charlton MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Operations-Production Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Planner in Gainesville GA
- Customer Service Representative in Gainesville GA
- Civil Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 1st Shift CNC Machinist-Programmer in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Technician in Lexington MA
- Design Engineer in Aiken SC
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in Bridgeport NJ
- CNC Programmer in Vineland NJ
- Design Engineer in Grenada MS
- Mechanical Designer in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Eden Prairie MN
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Business Process Integration Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Quality Engineer in
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Distribution Associate in Suwanee GA
- Demand Planner in Hayward CA
- Supply Chain Agent in Bridgeport NJ
- Category Manager in Bridgeport NJ