We are currently seeking a Application Engineer for a heavy industry manufacturer in Suwanee, GA. The Application Engineer would be responsible for providing support to the field sales and service teams, through developing quotes and bids, assisting with product and application troubleshooting, and working directly with customers in the territory on all aspects of sales.
Responsibilities of the Application Engineer
- Analyzes and determines engineering modifications and changes needed to fulfill customers' requirements for equipment.
- Works with engineering department on necessary changes.
- May prepare proposals, quotations and determine appropriate pricing.
- Thorough knowledge of company's products, equipment capabilities and engineering disciplines is required.
- Consulting with customers by electronic means (telephone, e-mail, fax, etc.) and on-site visits concerning topics relating to physical properties & capabilities of product offerings.
- Application related product performance and troubleshooting, recommending products and providing guidance appropriate to the application.
- Basic design engineering; preparation and delivery of position related presentations.
- Act as liaison between assembly department and customers.
- Support product testing & development efforts.
- Investigates and resolves work-in process problems.
- Recommends and implements improvements and/ or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, type of equipment to be used, and other process related factors.
- Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding suppliers’ proposals for process improvements and equipment additions or modifications.
Requirements of the Application Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial preferred)
- 1 - 3 years manufacturing and/or technical support experience
- Strong Knowledge of 3-D CAD Software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office