The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading manufacturer of fluid power products, industrial products and rubber fabrication who is seeking an Application Engineer. This is a direct hire position with a 100% employee owned company which includes an annual bonus structure which historically exceeds 10%.
Responsibilities of the Application Engineer:
- Assist customers and sales representatives with solution concepts, prototype samples and performance evaluations.
- Evaluate and approve raw materials and look for new materials which create unique cost saving or value added performance opportunities.
- Provide technical support at the customer’s location with the sales team.
- Establish quality control specifications where required for finished product and raw materials.
- Participate in processes and programs aimed at continuous improvement and safety.
- Ability to use Solid Works, AutoCAD or other drawing software.
- Ability to apply scientific and mechanical knowledge to part design and troubleshooting
- Understanding of geometric dimensions and tolerances.
Requirements of the Application Engineer:
- Five years of raw materials selection experience for end use applications
- BS degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering degree acceptable if combined with 2 years’ experience in plastics and or polymers applications
- Field technical sales support experience supporting sales representatives at customer’s facilities on a regular basis