We are seeking an innovative, experienced applications engineer for out client in Spartanburg, SC. The Applications Engineer will collaborate with our sales and engineering departments to develop new applications and improve upon existing ones that will serve our clients and business well. Must be able to objectively analyze application performance to effectively prepare and/or write proposals based on the customers’ requirements and company's best practices for potential customer projects.
- Responsible for the conceptual development of various types of automation equipment and projects.
- Work with members of Engineering management on solutions as needed.
- Involve third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process as required.
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development.
- Review and develop the detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor & material costs required for proposals.
- Provide follow up sales and technical solution presentations to customer personnel as required.
- Work with the Sales Manager, Application Engineering and / or the General Manager to close projects.
- Review all purchase orders as part of the contract review procedure and work with the Project Manager to support the internal kick-off meeting and the customer kick-off meeting.
- Attend post-project review meetings.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience working with multi-disciplined project teams preferred, preferably in an automation or systems integration environment
- Knowledge in a wide variety of technological functions in various aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering, primarily in support of design and development of factory automation systems is preferred
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential
- Willingness to travel and to work on weekends/holidays (as needed) up to 30% per year
- In addition, must be familiar with the use of MS Office products and SolidWorks or similar drawing package
- Self-directed and result-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team