We are currently seeking an AutoCAD Manager for our client in the Atlanta, GA area. The CAD Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of company AutoCAD and Estimating Department.
- Project scope review, coordination with Project Managers/Sales/Customers, scheduling of shop drawings, QC of shop drawings, and submittal.
- Operates Computer Aided Design (CAD) software system, including creating, updating and modifying construction drawings, machine & assembly drawings and submitting the final product to customers.
- Manages Drafting teams (internal and external)
- Manage Estimating team
- Highly organized in meeting tight deadlines
- Has a high sense of urgency with Customer First mentality.
- Using ERP and other scheduling software to schedule and notify respective parties of their duties and deadlines
- Derive detailed information and scope to delegate Engineering Drafting work
- Extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD detailing, construction and Autodesk products.
- QC experience in shop drawing review. Working knowledge and understating of steel, metal, concrete, and Building Envelope drawings and detailing.
- Delegate assignments as required and deliver projects to customer on time.
- Creates and modifies metal fabrication shop drawings.
- Visualize project requirements and provide concept drawings to match up with project needs.
- Able to design and provide all technical assistance needed to make a prototype of the design as needed.
- Prints, plots and binds final drawings into construction documents and ships to customers.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of CAD and manual drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques; knows how to read construction documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of metal roofing and cladding product installation is a plus.
- Must know how to use AutoCAD 2018 expert level.
- Minimum Architectural or Engineering Degree with 5 years of AutoCAD experience (preferably in the metal industry).
- Proficiency in Math and Geometry required.
- Knowledge of 3D drafting in Solidworks or Revit is required.
- Expert level in organization, communication and MS office skills.
- Must communicate effectively with internal and external resources.