We are currently seeking an Automation Architect Engineer In the Atlanta, GA area. The Automation Architect will lead the organization in developing, maintaining and governing the automation processes and automation interface architecture across the entire organization.
- Responsible for working on new automation builds for retrofits/upgrades to existing facilities and for new facilities and designing lean solutions.
- Design solutions related to warehouse conveyor/execution systems and warehouse management systems. Interface with EDI, Web, and Data Warehouse applications.
- Lead the creation and evolution of the automation architecture. Lead and facilitate the creation and implementation of automation governance practices and other automation tools
- Responsible for handling documentation, coordination of development testing for projects and responsible for new launch to supporting launch after go live of facilities and equipment
- Provide guidance to business and development teams on which tools, practices frameworks and libraries to use for automation systems development
- Work closely with the internal/external customer responsible to perform any tasks required as related to critical software and/or process alterations – such as: solution design, software and process testing, systems configuration, process and information flow documentation maintenance, performing of UAT’s, coordination of information distribution to site, etc…
- Generation and compilation of corrective action documents, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues and follow through to deployment of solution
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have JDA experience and WCS/WES experience.
- Must have experience working with automation equipment (cranes/conveyors/AGFs/sorters etc.)
- Experience programming, troubleshooting, and optimizing PLC technologies like Rockwell, Siemens, etc.
- Must have experience integrating multiple systems.
- Must be able to work with and manage vendors.
- Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining enterprise software applications functionality such as WES/WCS, WMS, Distribution, Transportation, and Labor Management. JDA WMS and WLM are a benefit
- Experience in JDA platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, etc. is a benefit
- Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries.
- Experience and/or knowledge of FMEA, ITIL, COBIT, ISO, and Project Management Methodologies