Automation Deployment Director
Automation Deployment Director
Director of Automation Deployment
We are currently seeking an Automation Deployment Director in the Atlanta, GA area. The Automation Deployment Director is responsible for leading multiple teams through the deployment of highly-automated material handling systems globally. Responsible for taking fully-engineered systems designs and managing the selected Automation Contractor (AC) in the development and execution of a detailed implementation plan which meets all contractual requirements including throughput, delivery schedule, and cost.
- Serve as the lead, supported by a team of internal and contract resources, during the automated systems deployment process.
- Lead deployment team in ensuring the correct and complete installation of the automated systems according to the contract.
- Bridge the phase between implementation and operational readiness by maneuvering through the company’s departments and inputs required to move a project through successful implementation and into operational ramp-up.
- Ensure each project is executed on time with adherence to the intent of the original design processes and customer requirements.
- Manage the development of detailed execution and testing schedules and align these timelines across all resources inclusive of key vendors.
- Enable successful transition to the operations and maintenance teams
- Review controls and WES documentation to ensure proper routing, flow control, buffer/accumulation and exception handling occurs in line with best practices.
- Ensure adherence to budgeted costs and overall business case including revenue and profitability. Review forecast/budget adjustments after each session with leadership to agree on how/where to use funds and protect contingency going into implementation. Closely review change orders and produce justification if they should be paid, working with the AC provider (includes weather delays, scope modifications and gaps).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated Project Management and Implementation experience in the fields of complex warehouse automation, operations and/or logistics required.
- Operations or Engineering management experience desired; proven experience inside a distribution center and leadership or other role through two or more go-lives
- Successful track record managing multiple high priority capital investment ($20M+) and customer implementations using project/program management methods and tools
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and VISIO (and other process documentation tools)
- Ability to use AutoCAD and/or Revit and read engineering drawings for buildings and systems
- Proven leadership and understanding of automation technologies, robotics, and application engineering, specifically around pallet, layer, and case handling in the retail grocery and temp-controlled environments
- Direct field experience implementing complex material handling systems
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders and develop a solution oriented approach
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to travel at an estimated 60-75% of the time, plus to support projects and staff both domestically and internationally
- Extended travel including weekends may be required during critical times such as facility launches or key installation milestones for multiple weeks