Davis National Staffing is partnering with a great client which is a leading supplier of electronics products and manufacturing in New Hampshire. We currently have a direct placement opportunity for an experience Buyer with a strong procurement background for a role in Southern New Hampshire. If interested in this position, please apply to this posting. To expedite the process, you can send a Word formatted resume directly to Rich Gardner at email@example.com to be contacted.
Job Description: The responsibilities of this position require previous purchasing experience and use of a Materials Requisition Planning system. The Purchasing Agent places purchase orders and negotiates price and delivery schedules for all production-related materials including, printed circuit boards, and custom fabricated materials and a range of electronic components.Material costing for sales quotations and a variety of inventory control tasks are performed or coordinated by the Purchasing Agent. The position requires frequent interaction and coordination of information with Planning, Production, Customer Service, Engineering, and Quality control.Pricing and material specifications information changes require independent judgment and action.
- Purchasing materials from suppliers (65%)
- Managing open orders IE: reschedule report, and past due items (20%)
- Quality issues (10%)
- Quoting materials costs for products (5%)
Education and Experience:
- Purchasing experience in a directly related industry is preferred
- Direct experience in using an MRP system, maintenance of a P/N system, and knowledge of material costing for customer quotations is desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Tact, discretion and persuasive skill is often required to obtain cooperation to achieve business objectives
- Basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills