Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan, GA. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for leading plant-wide and department level performance improvement initiatives that positively impact cost, quality, safety, material flow, productivity and delivery metrics.
Responsibilities of Continuous Improvement Engineer:
- Facilitate Kaizen and process improvement activities.
- Works individually or with a team to complete projects following 8 Step Process based on Toyota Production System and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Provide continuous improvement support to shop floor associates, production managers, and other engineering departments.
- Design, develop, and implement improved work flows.
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to create/update work instructions, visual aids, and process standards for production operations.
- Plan, organize, and lead week-long Kaizen Blitz events.
- Train Associates in principles of Lean Manufacturing (5S, 8 Wastes, Value added/Non-value added analysis, poka yoke), Theoretical Value Production, PFMEA, and Formal Problem Solving techniques.
- Mentor and develop CI department interns (quarterly rotation).
- Provide direction to CI department technicians.
- Develop and maintain time study documents. Conducts Value Added Analysis (VAA). Perform classic IE time studies and optimize labor line balance.
- Identify and troubleshoot inefficient work processes. Perform process analysis, design, and refinement.
- Identify opportunities, participate, and complete projects as identified by CI department annual goals.
- Perform value stream mapping.
- Update master projects lists. Provide summary progress reports for management review.
Requirements of the Continuous Improvement Engineer:
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management experience
- Minimum of 3 years Lean Six Sigma experience
- 4 year technical degree required or 15-20 years experience without a degree
- Demonstrated application of engineering skills and problem solving techniques
- Lean Certification, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Tier 1 Automotive (preferred)