We are looking for a Controls Engineer in Jasper, GA for a direct opportunity with a great company. The Controls Engineer will work with both our maintenance and engineering departments in the design, build, testing and use of effective controls solutions. They will be responsible for all aspects of electrical control systems in and around; PLC’s, HMI, motion control, vision systems, SCADA systems, and other automated systems.
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer:
- Assist in the design of equipment or modification of existing equipment for new products or processes.
- Develop and maintain PLC and HMI programs for all manufacturing equipment
- Provide engineering solutions for manufacturing/ production problems
- Support the needs of maintenance department in programming, troubleshooting, and training
- Design and build electrical panels with required schematics
- Automation of critical procedures
- Design and develop new control strategies
- Test, maintain, and modify existing systems
- Aid in design and implement new or replacement instruments and equipment
- Aid in preparation and interpretation of controls related schematics, drawings, and layouts
- Provide training to operators and technicians
- Assist in check-out and start-up of new and modified instrumentation and equipment
Requirements of the Controls Engineer:
- Associate or BS degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-yrs electrical controls experience
- Experience with designing basic controls systems
- Experience with programing PLC’s and HMI’s
- Working knowledge of analog and digital controls and components
- Experience with panel design and builds
- Ability to trouble shoot and debug controls systems and programs