We are partnering with an Automated Machinery and Material Handling development company located near Winder, GA for an Electrical/Controls Engineer opening they have. The Controls Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the development of automated equipment including conveyors, shuttle and disk feeders, stackers, mergers, robotics and distribution systems. This is a direct hire position with terrific benefits that begin day one.
- Controls design including panel layout, schematics, termination diagrams and field wiring pull schedules
- Programming or PLC, HMI, and servos
- Component specification, development of BOM’s, solicitation of vendor quotations
- Client specification review for understanding and development of exceptions if required
- Clarify questions, specification concerns or installation issues with customers
- Assist in startup and debug as required in-house or at the client facility
- Provide maintenance and/or operator training as part of startup support
- Assist in the writing of electrical portion of operator’s manual
- Provide support for troubleshooting machine electrical controls for customer
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing control solutions, programming PLCs, and implementing HMIs in an OEM environment
- Experience with current PLC controlled automated equipment with Allen-Bradley
- Design experience of industrial electrical controls systems
- Experience conceiving, designing, and implementing process controls on high speed machinery including closed loop controls, robots, rotary and linear indexing mechanisms with servo and VFD motors and drives, pneumatic and electric actuators.
- Electrical design experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering