We are partnering with a large industrial manufacturing company in Suwannee, Ga who is looking for a skilled Controls Engineer to join their engineering team! You will be responsible for the design, configuration and integration of complex control systems, with the focus on supporting and improving production equipment and automation. Perform with a balance of engineering accuracy and strong sense of urgency.
- Write, repair and test PLC programs for machines and equipment.
- Program PLC’s (RSLogix, Allen-Bradley HMI) Robots and Equipment. Modify and improve existing programs as needed.
- Perform mechanical design and fabrication for EOAT (End of Arm Tooling) including: conceptualization, material and actuator selection, fabrication & assembly, testing & validation. Experience with SolidWorks is preferred.
- Validate that processes meet goals for output and quality with trials and data collection.
- Proactively implement improvements for productivity and quality by reducing constraints and scrap.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure efficient functioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 or more years’ experience in PLC programming and automation in a manufacturing and industrial environment
- Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and/or robot motion control.
- Knowledge and proven competence in programming Allen-Bradley, RSLogix 500 and 5000 systems
- Working experience and knowledge troubleshooting a wide variety of mechanical and electrical components in a manufacturing environment