The DAVIS Companies is seeking a Controls Engineer to join the team of a global leader in the packaging industry. This role will provide expertise in robotic electrical controls design and implementation. Working with the sales team to provide custom controls designs which meet the requirements of our customers.
Responsibilities of Controls Engineer:
- Performs conceptual design of packaging machinery and systems controls, including component selection, system integration, programming and development of product documentation.
- Supports equipment sales by translating marketing specifications and customer needs into cost effective control solutions that meet internal and external requirements. Write PLC and HMI code for packaging machinery using Allen Bradley. Write structured text robotic code for palletizer lines.
- Works with suppliers to properly specify components, investigate new technology and procure parts/systems for prototype projects.
- Interacts with field service technicians and production to validate control designs and address improvements. Train technicians and production as necessary to support new designs. Travel to customer sites as required to support installations and resolve customer issues that service techs cannot resolve on their own.
- Efficiently and accurately create software for Robotic Palletizers. Design control panels for various machines.
Requirements for Controls Engineer:
- 2-year Automated Systems and Robotics Degree required
- 3+ years' experience with controls design, robotic programming, HMI programming, variable speed drive and servo control.
- Experience with Solidworks and/or AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%.