We have an immediate - Direct Hire opening - for a Controls Engineer with a custom machine design / build background, out in the Spartanburg, SC area.
This person would ideally be exposed to a lot of different platforms - ie. Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omran, Beckhoff, Mitsubishi etc... and has programmed and design systems from scratch. Someone with an AutoCAD or Solidworks Electrical background for electrical design and the travel is only about 20% for this role.
- Controls design including panel layout, schematics, termination diagrams and field wiring pull schedules
- Programming or PLC, HMI, and servos
- Component specification, development of BOM’s, solicitation of vendor quotations
- Client specification review for understanding and development of exceptions if required
- Assist in startup and debug as required in-house or at the client facility
- 2-5+ years’ experience designing / programming custom machinery.
- AS or BSEE ideally, but not required. Strong, relevant skills is most important.
- Electrical design experience - Solidworks Electrical, AutoCAD, EPLAN etc...
- Exp. working with lots of different automation components, platforms, etc..
- Exp. white paper programming / programming from scratch
- 20% travel
- Full benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO / Holidays
- Bonus eligible