The Davis Companies is partnering with a growing ESOP company in West metro, that is searching for a Controls Technician to work in cooperation with manufacturing, quality, and engineering departments. They will be designing, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining PLC controlled production equipment.
- Maintain existing equipment and PLC controlled systems.
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance to production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC and HMI controls and associated mechanical components (electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical).
- Ability to determine root cause of equipment failures, develop PLC modifications if appropriate, execute mechanical repairs, and establish/ document maintenance procedures.
- Design, specify, and implement controls systems for new and existing equipment.
- Work with production engineers, production departments, and internal tooling department to develop plans for new equipment and modifications to existing equipment.
- Specify appropriate mechanical and controls components, install controls systems, test/ debug components, and commission equipment for use in production.
- Team member on various lean improvement projects. Actively involved in Kaizen/Lean events, internal audits, action items and various engineering projects.
- 3-5 years experience managing controls projects (specifying, designing, and building), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be knowledgeable in ladder logic programming; HMI programming experience is desirable
- Must be able to read and write technical documents and specifications
- Understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Thorough understanding of lean principles
- Use and comply with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Knowledge of aspects and impacts for work area
- Identify and report environmental incidents
- Comply with environmental and safety regulations
- Follow job-specific instructions related to environmental aspects