Mechanical Design Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer in Dunwoody, Ga.The ideal candidate is an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, proficient in Solidworks, competent in other engineering disciplines with professional experience in a product development consultancy and an ability to manage both technical and business facets of complex projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Manage technical and program management aspects of value engineering projects through the full
- product development process.
- Engage with customers and assist with authoring development proposals.
- Create compelling products and cost-efficient engineering solutions that satisfy customer needs.
- Author, edit and release to revision control technical project documentation including 2D, 3D, BOMs,
- assembly drawings, work instructions and test procedures.
- Devise component strategy and execute on the creation of pre-production prototype samples.
- Conduct detailed design reviews with internal and international development teams.
- Participate in the transition of customer approved designs to the NPI team for tooling, PPAP and 1st
Key Requirements of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Proficiency in Solidworks or relevant 3D software
- Minimum of a 4 year degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in engineering, product development, manufacturing or relevant
- industry experience.