Design, plan, and supervise; develop and implement improved ways to extract, process, and use raw materials; develop new materials that both improve the performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology; analyze the impact of the products they develop or the systems they design on the environment and on people using them; determine the causes of breakdowns; test manufactured products to maintain quality; estimate the time and cost to complete projects.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
- Repairing and maintaining of precision instruments and or processes that requires a high level of skill and attention to detail.
- Generally specialize or devoted to a specific craft or occupation.
- Create 3D models and fully detailed 2D drawings in support of assigned vehicle subassemblies and installations.
- Prepare engineering release documentation that defines part number, effectivity and usage.
- Participate as working-level member of individual vehicle cross functional team to ensure a quality product is developed on schedule within prescribed cost.
Requirements of the Design Engineer:
- 3-5 Years experience with a BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Product Design, or 8-10 years equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred (will consider college hire)
- Ability to CAD model and hand sketch routine ideas in 3D space.
- Ability to visualize and plan multiple technical assignments 1-6 months out into future.
- Ability to conceive countermeasure plans for technical challenges.