- Design and develop value added packages in support of customer base.
- Apply basic engineering principles and analysis to conceptualize the final solution.
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable industry standards.
- Conduct design verification and product validation by following the development process with a strong emphasis on documentation.
- Support assembly of prototype components onto engine package and conduct validation tests.
- Interface with suppliers, contractors and purchasing department for component manufacturing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in mechanical engineering
- REQUIRED Experience with engine design or engine component design
- 3+ years of development or application experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modeling: Unigraphics and/or Solidworks GD&T
- Experience in SAP a plus
- Skills in using test equipment such as data acquisition systems, dynamometers, thermocouples, accelerometers, volt meters etc.
- Working knowledge of sheet metal design and manufacturing processes..
- Basic knowledge of machine design, vibration analysis, structural mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Knowledge in the application of Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Ability to read electrical circuitry and machine schematics.
- Strong attention to detail, documentation and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a team member.