The Design Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager for Advanced Cooling Solutions (ACS). She/he works within the Engineering Department to design, develop, and document unit designs within the scope of products manufactured by the ACS department. This position will be responsible for the transfer of technology including but not limited to documentation of products that span across CIS Regions (Americas, EMEA, and China).
- Design & Develop new products and supporting documentation based on project scope, market needs and regulatory requirements for the Applied Products or Industrial Products departments.
- Evaluates and designs electromechanical products by applying principles or mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials.
- Perform finite element modeling and structural simulation for the products. Interpret FEA results and recommend design changes/directions to meet product performance requirements.
- Interface with other Modine regions, CIS manufacturing locations, and/or customers to assure a smooth transition from one region to another with global product development.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Support customer applications with heat transfer, energy and/or refrigeration cooler designs. Review of approval and manufacturing drawing packages.
- Support other engineers and designers with product development projects related to design and documentation as needed.
The minimum requirement is a BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with a strong fundamental background and/or experience in heat transfer, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and psychometrics. Four plus years’ experience with HVAC or unitary design especially those dealing with sheet metal is a plus. Bilingual ability in both spoken and written Spanish and English is preferred.
The person should have a working knowledge of Mathcad, a 3D CAD System, FEA & CFD software and Microsoft Office applications. The person must have strong analysis and problem solving skills. She/he shall also have a strong communication skills.